Europa-List: Re: Retro Fitting MG Wings

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Retro Fitting MG Wings
From: Jim Butcher <europa@triton.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:21:16

To update this thread, we talked to Bob Berube who confirmed that the top
skin needs to be trimmed.  He suggested 1/2 inch gap to the fuselage.

We still have a pretty large gap between the jigs and lift drag pin, 30 mm
at the stbd aft.  But there is plenty of length on the pin, so we bonded in
three plates at the aft position on each wing.  The forward pins only
required one or two plates.

The top skin will need to be trimmed to clear the flap cross tube, but the
fairings will cover that.

We didn't do the string but the measurements should ensure sweep.

Yes, the spar bushings definitely make the spar thicker.  We'll have to
modify the spar cup that is attached to the stbd side of the cockpit module
as well as the one that goes on the port MG wing.  We think the pip pin is
probably long enough, but will require a different number of washers than
fitted for the short wings.

Jim & Heather Butcher N241BW