Re: Europa-List: L.A. to Oshkosh 2006 and back

Subject: Re: Europa-List: L.A. to Oshkosh 2006 and back
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:14:06

On Sunday, August 6, 2006, at 11:12 AM, Thomas Scherer wrote:

>  This trip has added 60 hours to the now 840 hours of flying in my
> Europa. The Rotax 912 has never missed a beat nor has the Europa ever
> shown any malign behaviour.

Thomas,

Thank you for the inspiring description of your recent trip; I've also
enjoyed your website writing and pixs of your globe-girdling
adventures...my hat is off to you.

I'm particularly taken with your satisfactory experience with your
Rotax, having become a Rotax-skeptic while reading accounts of various
problems other Europa owners have had; readers of this forum know me
for my enthusiasm for Alex Bowman's 130 hp VTEC Honda installation.

How do you account for the excellent trouble-free performance of your
Rotax 912? (Or is it a 912S?) Can you describe your routine operation
and maintenance procedures and schedule? Also, can you give your max.
take off weight when you had your son and 2 aux. fuel tanks topped off?

Fred