Europa-List: Automatic Flaps up - Tri Gear

Subject: Europa-List: Automatic Flaps up - Tri Gear
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:45:41
Guys

I had imagined that many of you have already fitted such a system to
your Tri-gear Europas but as I've had a couple of apprciative comments,
implying that its not as common as I'd imagined, I thought I'd offer it
to any who wants it.

G-MFHI is fitted with a button that when pressed, retracts the electric
flaps to the zero stop - This is useful for cleaning up the airframe on
the ground roll out or when climbing out. This bits easy - the tricky
bit is preventing contention beteen the automatic system and the
retained manual centre off switch. The system we have fitted retracts
the flaps when the button is pressed but stops instantly if the down
button of the manual flap switch is pressed.

If anyone wants the wiring detail and a technical explanation as to how
it works, just let me know.

Regards

Peter