RE: Europa-List: wiring

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wiring
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:49:28

Paul,

I am with Nigel and Jos on this one.  The circuit proposed by Europa (in my
analysis) falls in the category of "crude but effective".  I can't recall if
the circuit shows a CB or not, but I have a pull able circuit breaker on the
panel in case I do need to shut all fuel pumps down.

I have tested this out by disconnecting / disabling the battery/main
contactor  just to prove to myself that the pump will continue to run.

I did get a real world test when I was hit by lightning, my Kilovolt main
contactor was destroyed and for a while the only power to the pump that was
being supplied was via the direct connection of the alternator to regulator.

I heaved a big sign of relief when I turned on the secondary Ebuss and it
actually worked, actually I heaved a big sigh of relief for a lot of
reasons.

Paul