Re: Europa-List: PPG DCC as top coat?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: PPG DCC as top coat?
From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:48:43

Ron

Painting was another area we knew nothing about so took advice from
our painter who had done several Europas and alot of work on
composite racing cars.

He was most adamant we should not mix polyester (car body fillers an
2 pack paints) with epoxy resins. We first had to apply a barrier
coat ( we used Aerodur) over our surface filler ( we used polyfibre).

He was then happy for us to use polyester fillers and to spray 2K
primer and top coat. Had we know this at the start it would have made
life a lot easier as we found filling pinholes with a very fine
stopper putty much more effective than repeated coats of epoxy filler.

As I say the thoughts of our painter rather than ourselves  as we
clain only to know about sanding!

Regards

Paul
G-GIDY