Europa-List: Re: wiring PTT switches

Subject: Europa-List: Re: wiring PTT switches
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:41:32

europa@pstewart.f2s.co wrote:
> Our set up is Microair 760 and XCOM intercom. should I wire stick top
> PTT switches with single screened cable or a twisted pair. The wiring
> diagram for the radio has the latter but their wiring harness (which
> we are not using ) has the former. Also should I connect the PTT
> switch wires in at the mic jack end or back at the XCOM box.

The PTT line normally shouldn't require shielding or twisted pair, and the
manual
on MicroAir's web site doesn't show that.

You would want a handheld mic to work if plugged into the mic jack, so both the
control stick PTT and mic jack PTT lug get wired to the back of the XCOM box,
however convenient to do so.

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: