Re: Europa-List: Gary McKirdy's Europa flying-Lundy this weekend

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gary McKirdy's Europa flying-Lundy this weekend
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:52:33

Bryan, The plane which burnt out was a Cessna, involved in a take off
incident where he started of about 20 deg L of runway direction, came over
the hump to find himself heading for all the parked aircraft, hauled up to
get over the top of them and stalled in. The other was a landing incident
with I am told poorly controlled speed and approach path, putting it on the
ground when he should have gone around and bending his tricycle front wheel.
These are apparently the only accidents since the dawn of history when a DH
Rapide got lost and tried to put down there. Regards, David Joyce