RE: Europa-List: FW: North Weald this weekend

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: North Weald this weekend
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:03:29

William

We were there and parked four aircraft away from you..! We didn't have
your phone No. to call , so we wandered around looking for you, then
decided to go back to our aircraft and wait. Just then we saw you taxi
off for departure and were waving frantically, but as all good pilots,
you were looking where you were going and not at the "touroids" on the
side of the taxiway. Another thing you missed was John Boyce passed you
in his tri-gear arriving as you were leaving. we stayed overnight and
departed for Caernarfon on Sunday to try and meet up with everyone who
were going there, but by the time we arrived it was windy with low cloud
and ATC said there were only three aircraft left on the ground, so we
diverted back to the Isle of Man. Which was a good thing because by the
time we got back home cloud base was down to OVC 030 SCT 020 with 19kts
across the runway and getting worse, so I only just made it in. Don't
think we will get another chance to meet up until late July, as we are
off to the European Harley Davidson Rally in Southern Ireland on
Thursday (to be a hooligan for three days) then we fly off to Florida
for three weeks. My friend who runs a flight school over there ( who Bob
Harrison also knows) has just re-equipped with Liberty XL2's so we
intend to steal one for a while. I will report back on how they perform,
although I have flown one before for a couple of hours. Hey what do we
think about letting future owners of this mark into our midst?

Alan