Re: Europa-List: Maybe Changing the subgect will help!Bonding The Top

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Maybe Changing the subgect will help!Bonding The Top
From: bdskelly2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:30:55
Wing  Panels

Hi Keith:
Nev got in touch with me on this hot topic.  < Hot for more reasons than one>

 While he had no idea how to fix my email problem he was gracious enough to
offer
his suggestion on bonding the top.

He recommends that you do indeed use the vinyl flooring on both the flap an
aileron
for proper gap.
In addition he added these hints.
Cut out the webbing on the wing between the flaps and ailerons leaving only a
1/4
inch ridge. This will allow easier lift and separation between the flaps /
aileron and the top.

Also he recommends a "dry run" installation of the top.  Use packing tape for
release
on the back of the top. Sand and redux the ribs. Install the top with the
weights and bars as described. After cure peal the top back up. This will fill
any gaps that you have on the edges and ribs and give a good flat surface
to bond on.

Sand the cured redux  on the ribs and and file the drips off the edges and then
bond the top on permanently.

Brian Skelly
europaxsa276

>>> Question to any that have cut out the webbing. Did you leave it open after
the bonding was completed or perhaps make a cover and redux it in place.  I'm
thinking of varmint entry here. That's going to make a rather large hole.