Europa-List: radiators, coolers and colors

Subject: Europa-List: radiators, coolers and colors
From: Thomas Scherer <thomas@scherer.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:38:08
You might recall a question I raised several months ago in asking whether
painting the water radiators of a Europa in white would affect their
ability to cool. (black body radiation).

To close the case, I can now report that the color white does not affect
the cooling ability ~ it does make insects more visible though. I figure,
the flying-by air molecule does not have sufficient time to check for
color of the radiator (due to Europa speeds) when it expands thus cooling
our cylinder heads (this applies to Rotax-driven Europas).

I have successfully raised oil temperatures though by living in Southern
California and installing those Xtra high compression pistons and will
install a second oil cooler in sequence to the original cooler and was
wondering whether anybody in Europa Universe does have a cooler oxydizing
around in his workshop for a good new home ? Europa, the company, does
not only stock them any more - they do not even remember where they
originally got them from.

be well,

<Thomas, N81EU>