Re: Europa-List: [ Ken Hill ] : New Email List Photo Share Available!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: [ Ken Hill ] : New Email List Photo Share Available!
From: Craig Ellison <craig.ellison2@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 20:44:12
Ken,

Here are some proformance figures I've collected in the first 14 hrs. on
5CN.  Bob Lindsay used the following for power settings when he flew 5CN
and having looked at the 914 Rotax engine book seems correct.  Anyway
these are what I used.

55%  4300rpm/28MP
65%  4800rpm/29MP
75%   5000rpm/31MP

The following were at standard temps or very close to standard and at
1100lbs.

1500ft.  55% 4300rpm/28MP    TAS 120KTS
7000ft.  65% 4800rpm/29MP     TAS 134KTS
7000ft.  75% 5000rpm/31MP     TAS 144KTS
10000ft.75% 5000rpm/31MP     TAS  150KTS/138KIAS

I used for calculation TAS a web site that Bob told me about from REA
Computing www.reacomp.com .

craig ellison
N205CN
14.6 hrs. having fun in phase 1 testing