RE: Europa-List: Brake seals

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Brake seals
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 13:35:38

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses on brake seals.  The problem ultimately turned out
to be a leak on the hose at the union where it screws into the master
cylinder.  It was harder to find than it was to fix,  not the roomiest place
working up in the tunnel.

I have a question. As part of the trouble shooting exercise I removed the
wheel cylinder and pads.  The pads had about 60% of there thickness left,
but the piston was coming out of the bore at an angle in order to be able to
apply  pressure to the pads.  I messed with it for a while. but I  could
never get the piston to come straight out of the bore so I gave up and put
new pads in.  What experiences have other people had ?

Paul