Re: Europa-List: Nosewheel Shimmy

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nosewheel Shimmy
From: peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:41:38

I have to agree with Richard

Our nose wheel damper seems to requrie fairly regular checking and tightening
- when it gets a little loose, we do get a bit of shimmy - that said, we've
been flying out of rochester (grass) and landing at hard runways with the
friction as low as about 3kg with very little discernable shimmy.

Don't know if you have to do anything about balancing the wheel in any way

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!