Re: Europa-List: build cost

Subject: Re: Europa-List: build cost
From: Dave Moore <mooredca@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 09:19:30

Danny, Bryan & All,

Congratulations to Bryan on an excellent article in 'Today's Pilot'.  It =
is a great credit to Bryan and 'Sadie' in particular, and to the Europa =
breed in general.  (I have to say this, as I'm hoping to fly to Colditz =
with Bryan in a couple of weeks time..!!).  Indeed, a very sound and =
pragmatic feature on the Europa XS, which I hope will boost the type's =
sales.  Well done, Bryan.

As to cost...  I started building Monowheel 550 in 2003 and have kept a =
fair account of costs.  I will be lucky to get the thing into the air =
for less than GBP55K (perhaps nearer GBP60K) & that's with a second hand =
Rotax.  I guess that's in line with your build cost, Danny. =20

I'd concur that a 2006 cost would indeed be GBP79+K.  (I'm talking as a =
UK builder).

However, not a moment's regret.  I just hope my good lady doesn't read =
the Europa List..!

Dave.

Monowheel #550. =20
Aberdeen, UK