Europa-List: Shoot Bolt Guide Clearance Question

Subject: Europa-List: Shoot Bolt Guide Clearance Question
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:56:58

While fiddling with the DL07 shoot bolt guides in the doors I test fitted
them to the fuselage. My concern was to be sure I had enough clearance for the

guides in the doors AND the DL07 guides that will be later installed on the door

frame of the fuselage. It appears that the guides in the aft end of the door
already rub on the fuselage frame leaving little or no room for the aft frame
guides later on. The aft guides are seated as far as they will go without
partially cutting out more door material around the collar area of the guide to

seat it further back. Reading the archives it appears that these lil fellas can

pop out from time to time. Any more cutting may not be wise.

Also interesting to note that my door had mold marks for the guide locations.
They were WAY off from the measurements given in the manual.  Looking at
others photos I elected to install them according to the manual and disregarded

the makings.
The doors have not been properly fitted to the fuselage at this time.  I
wonder if that will help?
These doors incorporate  the fuselage width increase < mod 67>
After all this incessant rambling my questions are:
Has anyone had issue with the clearance of the shoot bolt guides as described
above?   Fix?

Thanks in advance!

Brian Skelly
Europa XS TriGear #A276