Europa-List: Re: Daylight readable PDA for GPS navigation

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Daylight readable PDA for GPS navigation
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:47:53

I've had an Axim A5 for several years now, and have written a few programs for
outside use or in the car, but the screens have to be simple, big buttons, big
text, limited color selections available for contrast in sunlight.  GPS map
relies
too much on color contrast for detail information.  I wouldn't buy a GPS
card and software off eBay for $25, just to play with it.  If the screen were
twice as bright, it might be OK, but still small screen and very slow computer.
And tapping on it, while in turbulence, while looking down and not for traffic,
forget it.  I'm passing this along especially for anyone who hasn't used
these devices, to consider before spending big money for the whole package.

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: