Re: Europa-List: Re: Weight & Balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Weight & Balance
From: Tim Weert <tim.weert@hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:57:57

Hi Jim,

I just have received permission from the Dutch CAA to increase the max TOW
to 1450 lbs for PH-JAI with reduced CG limits in the envellope above 1370
lbs, based on the same document (the fax from Andy).

Because in the Swedisch document the configuration in the side-letter is a
Europa XS, a Rotax 914 and Warp Drive propeller; that is the only
configuration on which the Dutch authorithy's accept for an increase MTOW
request. That is how the regulations work, based on paperwork.
Because in my opinion it is a pure struktural discussion, I am convinced
that the increase must be possible for owners with an Europa Classic with
MOD 52 installed (gives MTOW 1370 lbs), and a Rotax 912, 912 S or other
engines/propeller's as well. As long as the performance is above the minimum
required for our class of aircraft. But than the kit-manufracturer or the
designer has to declare that in a official document with the calculations in
a side-letter.

Regards, Tim.

Heerhugowaard,
#460, PH-JAI 914 AP332 MTOW 1450 lbs