Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Pip pin Cover

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Pip pin Cover
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:03:13

Richard,
Go down to your local hardware shop, in the plumbing division, and obtain 2
x 50mm plastic 'end plugs' (screw on plug with rubber washers). Fit them
into the top of your stabilator with centre being the pin, and set below the
curved surface. When finishing the surface build up with flox to contour the
plug with the surface. I then cut down an old Subaru key I had to make two
points and drilled holes in the screw top to fit the key so you can unscrew
it to check the pins. Keeps water out.

Cheers,
Tim
Tim Ward