Re: Europa-List: 912 vs 912s

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912 vs 912s
From: sqwk7000@cotswoldwireless.co.uk
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:09:35

I have found very adequate performance from the 912.  1000fpm climb (one
up) and 125-130kt cruise, using ground adjustable Warp Drive.  Precise
figures would depend on whether prop angle is adjusted for STOL
performance or max. cruise speed.

Judging by what I have read on this forum, if you have 912S, you will need
heavy duty starter.  Also, I expect there is a weight difference between
912 and 912S (with HD starter).  That will affect payload and C of G.  If
it pushes C of G too far forward you will have to put battery in back hand
have longer (heavier) cables to it.  (Errr... perhaps all XSs have battery
at back?)

David
G-SHSH Classic 912
(still for sale)