Re: Europa-List: Re: Aileron deflection angle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Aileron deflection angle
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:31:52

OK, I figured out where the aileron is getting snagged. It is rubbing
against the top surface of the aileron closeout (which is on the
trailing edge of the wing) throughout its entire range of motion. This
is what is restricting its max travel to 20-degrees. I can even see
where this rubbing pressure has even lifted portions of the closeout
skin that used to be bonded to the sides at the root end of this
closeout.

One solution is to trim about 5mm from the closeout's upper lip.
However, I am not sure if this will cause any problems when bonding the
top skin on. Any ideas are appreciated.

Andrew Sarangan
http://www.sarangan.org