Europa-List: Re: Aileron deflection angle

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Aileron deflection angle
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:17:04

Jeremy,

That is exactly right. I am referring to the deflection without the
pushrods attached.

The gap between the hinged surfaces is more than the 1.5mm called for
in the manual; however, I have not checked whether that's where the
deflection is being restricted.
I am assuming the neutral position (zero-degrees) to be when the
aileron is aligned with the trailing edge of the wingtip. I think that
makes sense because that would make the most streamlined situation to
be zero-degrees.

--- Jeremy Davey <europaflyer_3@msn.com> wrote:

> <europaflyer_3@msn.com>
>
> I think what Andrew's saying is not that the pushrods won't allow him
> the
> movement, but that the aileron is fouling on the wing when he tries
> to get
> up deflection with the pushrods disconnected.
>
> Andrew, it sounds to me like you need to check the following:
>
> 1) the positioning of your hinges - are they too close in?
> 2) your start point for zero degrees deflection - are you starting
> from a
> few degrees out?
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jeremy
>
> Jeremy Davey
> Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
> Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
> PFA EC Member
> "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then
> it is
> possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation."
> Tail done
> Standard XS wings with mods underway
> CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
> 1430 build hours to date, build currently stalled due to house moves
> and
> lack of workshop
> Intended fit:
> Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
> Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms

Andrew Sarangan
http://www.sarangan.org