Re: Europa-List: Fuel pumps in series can get blocked

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel pumps in series can get blocked
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:56:07

Glen that is not actually the case,  If one Pump became blocked,     ( There
are small mesh filters on the inlet)      the second pump would draw its
fuel around the Bi-pass pipe and Non-return valve,
But i agree i would also prefer the Parallel system,
On the Pierburg website there no mention of running these pumps in series ,
schematics only show parallel,        Makes you wonder!!!

>  I switched the pumps on my setup from series to parallel as the Ellison
> throttle body
> on my Subaru setup only requires 3 psi.  One big negative on two pumps in
> series is that if
> there is a blockage, both pumps are taken out.  In the parallel
> arrangement,
> if  one pump
> gets blocked, the other pump can still deliver fuel.

Ivor Phillips