Europa-List: Mono Wheel Enclosed Trailer

Subject: Europa-List: Mono Wheel Enclosed Trailer
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:08:19

Having finally finished the construction (but not the paperwork!) of my Mono
XS 912S I am preparing my trailer for holding my pride and joy.

I bought the very last Mono enclosed four wheel trailer made by David
Schofield which had no fittings on the inside.  I don't really want to
reinvent the wheel regarding fuselage and wing fittings so I would be
grateful if there is someone who has one of these trailers fitted out who I
could talk to.  I am particularly nervous about holding the fuselage, having
already had one accident with the thing ending up on its side!  Fortunately,
not too much damage done to the aircraft but I still have the mental scars!

I understand I need to keep enough weight on the tow hitch to give good
towing, which indicates putting the fuselage in nose first, but most of the
pictures I have seen show a tail first configuration.  Help!

Brian Davies

Kit 454