Europa-List: 914 engine alignment

Subject: Europa-List: 914 engine alignment
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:06:09

Cheers,
            I am only in earliest stages of 914 installation, but note that
the Lord rubber mounts must be fully compressed (all 4) to an overall length
(outer surfaces of metal cups) of 1-15/16" or give/take 49mm, in order to
properly measure the engine offset correctly.
            Of course you have probably already realised this, so this
announcement is solely for the use of those in my mental state, or lower.
Also, class, the M10x110 engine bolts, having the exciting BINX nuts (not a
welcome condition) have to lose about 9/16 to 5/8 inches to describe at
least 2 extra threads outside the nuts, but try one and see.
Caviat tutor,
Ferg