Europa-List: fitting gascolator

Subject: Europa-List: fitting gascolator
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:05:21

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa-list:

>> Hmmmmmmm.  My experience with the two inline 914 filters has been just
>> fine.
>
>250 hrs in and never a filter problem in G-JULZ.  I echo your comments.
>Please let us not criticise a system that is operating successfully in
>dozens of aircraft because of a suspect installation/fuel supply.
>
>regards,
>
>MP

Mike
there is one issue no one's mentioned yet; the flexible fuel pipes.
Every time the Purolators are checked the fuel lines are disturbed and
crushed. This physical abuse plus the agressive effects of some unknown
constituent in Mogas may well cause bits of elastomer to drop off the
inside of the fuel lines. I've seen it happen.
I also saw someone's fuel line suddenly start leaking seriously on the
way back from Ivalo, couple hundred miles north of the Arctic Circle.
What do they put in the fuel up there Jos?
Graham