Re: Europa-List: fitting gascolator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fitting gascolator
From: William Mills <william@wrmills.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:20:06

Hi Richard,
I was going to fit a mini Andair a couple of years ago, when they were all
the rage, but when I talked to Nev, he persuaded me not to bother because he
considered the twin filters was a better system, apart from the water
aspect.  He suggested the Andair was more likely to block than the filters.
The only time I have ever found water in the tank is after it had been
standing out in heavy rain for several days and that amounted to less than a
thimble full in the reserve side.  I assume you have the water drains fitted
to each half of you tank.  I consider a fuel pressure gauge and a low
pressure warning light is the most useful equipment to warn against fuel
starvation and a blockage building up.  Why not have a word with Nev before
you make up your mind?
When do you plan on returning to the WI?  Perhaps we can fit in a doth
before you go.
Best wishes,
William