Europa-List: 914 drivers only please!

Subject: Europa-List: 914 drivers only please!
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 22:39:56

Intermediate frame mounting -
To Steve, Kevin, Bob, Cliff, Paul, Patrick, Fred and others:
            Many thanks for such a lrage and quick reply to my plea. One or
two  misinterpreted the problem but in most cases the solution varied
between longer bolts or replacement after compression. I worried that a
longer bolt would  soon be an inappropriate length after compression - grip
and all that. Fred came up with the "'why didn't I think of that" solution -
threaded 5/16 cut to size until compression allowed 5A-40 replacement. Lord
knows I used it elsewhere but ennui and frustration claimed the day.
            I will explore that avenue, while I fuss over the next plateau -
the placing of the oil tank makes it impossible to site the filter
compartment below it.  All the photos show the tank at the top of its
possible height, yet the filter compartment metal is still too high to house
the tank drain - and probably other facilities.
            It's just one did-it-wrong after another............
May 2006 be a better backdrop......
Cheers, Ferg