Europa-List: 914 drivers only please...

Subject: Europa-List: 914 drivers only please...
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:46:56

Now, lookit, a quick review:
            Going forward, the Europa folk call the first 'frame' the "landing
gear frame"(1) - and then call the next bolt-on the "Engine mounting frame"(2)
and the final one the "Rotax Ring Mount"(3).
        As  a neophyte builder, I imagined these accurate structures would slide
together as smooth as silk.  Wrong.  I haven't even tried to attach the rotax
to the intermediate frame(2) yet, because I am busy trying to wrestle the
firewall
together and must have the intermediate(2) on and off the gear frame(1)
for fitting purposes.
            While doing the latter, I am using substitute bolts to save wear and
tear on the proper ones. However, when it comes to assembling this jigsaw
together,
I note the bottom bolts face forward, the top ones aft. How in Heaven
can one install the bottom ones from behind the firewall, attempt to compress
the 'Lord mounts' and turn on the requisite nuts in front - while holding the
the whole shebang together without dropping odd bits onto the floor in the
process?
            By what devious means (and doubtless questionable magic
incantations)
can one accomplish all this? Have some of you people cheated and paid others
- or have you some creative ways to compress these @#$%? pieces while
singlehandedly
screwing on a castellated nut far enough to pin it for keeps? - Yes I
am using specified A5-40 (43/32") bolts and they don't even begin to show
through
at the other end. The Lord mounts seem to bloat the minute you take your
eyes off them, and if you don't use all ten fingers to hold the assemblies
together,
several various cups go tingly-dingling under the mainwheel area for about
twenty feet.
            I am getting drunk just having a small sip after every failed
attempt
so as to forestall any nervous anxiety attack - and getting farther from success
with every try.
Jenny says she can't stand the bl***dy wimpering and is considering moving to
the
Pacific coast in spite of the earth's crust being vexed. This state of affairs
is becoming crucial and there's not much time left.
            It's time to stop cackling behind your cuffs and come to my
assistance.
There's a whole series of perplexing tasks even after this phase is conquered
so don't hesitate another minute.
            Oh, and best of 2006 to you......
Ferg