Re: Europa-List: Fuselage profile

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuselage profile
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 08:05:59

Craig:

I had first started up my 914 awhile ago and  had the same issue with the
oil.  Servicing was to the  proper level.  It has been started seveal times
in the  driveway now and  the excess oil was only observed during the first
two startups.  Note however that I have been checking oil level on
successive startups by rotating the prop until the  oil is returned fully
to the tank ( about 12 prop turns).  That may have something to do with the
lack of oil blowing out.

Steve Hagar
A 143
Mesa, AZ

Steve Hagar
hagargs@earthlink.net

<craig.ellison2@verizon.net>

> Seasons greetings all,
>
> I too would be interested in profile views in order to plan paint .  I
also
> have a couple of question for Rotax 914 builders.  I started mine up for
the
> 2nd time today this time with the cowling on.  I was unable to get the
oil
> temp up in the green before the CHT went into the yellow and had to shut
> down. Aprox time .25hr/OAT 45F.  Also when done there was oil from the
> exhaust down the port side of the aircraft. Mostly small black spray
spots.
> Is this normal?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Craig Ellison