Re: Europa-List: Fuselage profile

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuselage profile
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:40:40

My 914 has left the little black spots from the exhaust  pipe for several
years.
Have never been able to determine exactly  why?

Jim et al,

All internal combustion engines will spit out a certain amount of oil  in
tiny droplets.  Try holding a bit of white paper behiond your car  exhaust!.  As

the rotax exhaust does not extend to the rear of the  a/c but spits its bits
on to the nice clean white cowling - coupled with  the slipstream effect from
forward motion and prop, you are bound to get  the effect you mention.  I too
have something similar with my 914 but  it does not worry me.

Patrick