Europa-List: solid throttle cables

Subject: Europa-List: solid throttle cables
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:27:36

Cheers,
            Thanks to all who answered my question regarding installing
solid wire for twisted centres in the throttle cables.  Unfortunately (as
mentioned earlier) mine kinked inside the throttle box almost immediately so
the choice is not mine any more.
            However, it seems that the substitution of the centre line only
will ease the need to replace the whole original - since 6mm threads at the
engine end would require ordering from a faraway continent.
            This brings up the fabricating of the throttle lever end. The
original cables had ready-made ends which straddled the -3 bolt axis. How
should I fashion a similar end in 0.54 spring steel wire?  Would a double
coil with a double turn on the incoming portion do it? how have others
achieved this?
Lord, I love this list............
Ferg