Re: Europa-List: Firewall Integrity

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall Integrity
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:00:22

<<<<<<<<
<<From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
<<Subject: Europa-List: Firewall Integrity

Good Day All,

I'm working on my wiring layout and I have a little question for those
before me. I have come across a couple of terminal boards that are designed

plug into perforated boards. The pins extend straight down from the terminal

board approx. 5/8" (15mm) from it's underside. Does anyone see any problem
with

me drilling two series of seven small holes in a line and then  backfilling
with heat resistant sealer? I could then solder the connections on  the
engine

side going to the oil temp and pressure, CHT's, EGT, ammeter, warning
light,
starter switch, etc. In order to remove the panel I would simply unscrew
from

the terminal boards.
This would save from having to cut a large hole for a round bulkhead
connector...not to mention the expense.

Mike Duane  A207A
Redding, California
XS Conventional  Gear>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi All,

I wanted to cut and route my CHT and EGT thru some cannon plugs at the
firewall but I was told long ago that this would affect the accuracy of the
readings if leads were cut. I since had planned to run those things thru a
grommet with firestop material. Am I confused? Have others cut thiers with
success?
Troy Maynor
N120EU Europa Monowheel Classic
Left to finish: