Re: Europa-List: Flaps on Trigear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flaps on Trigear
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:59:39

Mike

Yes Yes Yes

You can fly the plane as you see fit.  I usually use half flaps on take off.
That
is recommended in the Europa POH.  I have made no flap take-offs, too.  They
require a higher speed for lift-off. The plane accelerates a little faster
with the flaps up, but roles further to get up to lift-off speed.

I land with full flaps.  I can't see the runway otherwise.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555