Re: Europa-List: 914 TCU Servo

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 TCU Servo
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 18:44:33

Craig Ellison a crit :

>914 Builders,
>
>I've been going through the final install and have a question about the
>wastgate servo.  When I switch on the TCU and it cycles the wastegate the
>panel lights(red & yellow) both come on the go off as expected but the servo
>does this huming sound like it is trying to do something.  Is this normal?
>
>thanks for all advice in advance,

Craig,

Did you confirm the wastegate lever is actually cycled, and/or the servo
wheel is moving when the servo cycles ?
Or do you have the impression the servo is only *trying* to move ?
In our aeroplane it makes some very slight noise, but it sounds like a
*normal* servo noise, not as if it was binding or something.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr