Europa-List: Springs

Subject: Europa-List: Springs
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:21:22
        2.08 DATE_IN_FUTURE_24_48   Date: is 24 to 48 hours after Received: date

In my job as a manufacturing engineer in a plant I have occasion to use
different
springs. The characteristics of the spring are wholly determined the material,
diameter of the wire and diameter of the coil. There arre several if not many
houses out there who do nothing but wind springs. Many are standard and do
not have to be specially made. In following this thread about the springs I seem
to get the impression that every one thinks there is a special recipe to get
these springs from a special unique supplier. What you want is an extension
spring with a certain diameter wire, certain diameter coil and of a certain
length.
You can call Lee Spring, or Capitol spring or many others to see if is
one of their stock units or what it would take for them to wind it special which
they do all the time. You can find them on the internet.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ

Steve Hagar