Re: Europa-List: Nose Gear Springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nose Gear Springs
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:59:06

>  The guy who had the springs made is Tim Weert      tim.weert@hccnet.nl
> In Holland

That is correct.  I received the same (I assume) drawing etc. from Tim this
summer, and ordered the pair from Alcomex in Holland.  They were very nice
to deal with, and I have now fitted the springs.

I developed further Tim's recommended method of fitting them - it turned out
to be much easier than I first feared might be the case because of the
substantial spring force.  If anyone elects to go this same route, let me
know and I will post my method here on the forum.
I also received from Tim a copy of a letter from EMIL sent to a Ducth
builder, which although not constituting a formal approval, perhaps,
definitely gave me the confidence to implement this mod.  By the way, keep
the safety wire even if you fit the stainless steel springs- it may still
serve its mission in a really hard nose wheel landing.

Regards,
Svein
A225 - now in Norway - fuselage being trailered to the paint shop on
Tuesday - then wings and control surfaces to be filled and sanded (!#!)