Europa-List: Nose Gear Springs

Subject: Europa-List: Nose Gear Springs
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:03:08

Greetings all,

Some time back there was a discussion about replacing the nose gear bungee
with extension springs. I've searched the archive, but couldn't find any info.

Someone graciously sent me pictures and a .pdf file showing a drawing of the
spring they had made, along with all the particulars, i.e., dimensions, spring

constant, etc. I think I've found a company here in Tennessee that will make
these in small batches for a reasonable cost and it seems like an excellent
alternative to the bungee system, IMHO. The only problem is the notation on the

diagram is in Dutch (I think) and I need a translation so that I can forward
the info onto the manufacturer. The name of the manufacturer on the .pdf file I

was sent is "Alcomex" and their address appears to be in Holland. For some
reason I saved the file, but not the contact info of the sender. If anybody
recalls this exchange or can point to it in the archive, please help refresh my

feeble brain!

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245 (Working through an ever shrinking punch list while I await the
delivery of my prop and spinner)