Re: Europa-List: 10% Alcohol to run a Rotax?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 10% Alcohol to run a Rotax?
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:22:54

Ron,
I am using Sunoco in my plane and it does not have alcohol.  This may be
different
in NY though.  It is easy to test for alcohol in gas. Put some water  in a
test tube
or your airplane gas sampler and fill the rest of the way with gas. Use
about a 1:10
ratio water to gas.  Shake well and let it settle for a minute or so. If the
water level
has gone up there is alcohol.
Petersen Aviation, the guys that have the Mogas STC's, sell a tester for $15
that is a
test tube with calibration marks that will tell you the percent alcohol in
the gas.
With a little ingenuity you can design you own.

John Eckel