RE: Europa-List: 914 Air baffle/Oil cooler thermostat

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Air baffle/Oil cooler thermostat
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:20:17

Ivor

Nobody I know of has done an oil thermostat for the Europa XS.  I think the
logic for this is that with the close coupling of the oil rad behind the
water rad it is not needed on an XS.  The man to ask is Nigel Beale of
Skydrive.

Skydrive have a water thermostat design which Nigel Beale has used on his
own aircraft.  I believe another copy may also be flying.  I have a picture
of the parts which I will send direct to you.

When I discussed this with him at FFF Nigel has not had time to finalise it
as a mod.  If the demand is there I believe he will and I have offered to do
the documentation to get it through as a Standard Mod.

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI XS Trigear
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com