RE: Europa-List: monowheel trailer

Subject: RE: Europa-List: monowheel trailer
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:42:50

Hi! Paul
I had similar problems getting a bog standard one for my caravan when I
changed cars....had to produce my registration certificate !(The way
they went on about it I nearly had to take the bloody van down to their
works.
Story is that it is to resist the car thieves. I think it may be more
harmonisation with Europe related.!!!!!! The transport authorities have
the plate makers by the "short and curlies" to have traceability.  I've
also had problems getting a plate for my aircraft trailer tow board. I
can agree with some standardisation because you see some very spurious
plates about but they never seem to get their "collar felt"!
Regards
Bob H  G-PTAG