Europa-List: Radiator position

Subject: Europa-List: Radiator position
From: Brian Hutchinson <hutch@hangarbout.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:34:22

Hi all,
I'm making a bit of a meal of trying to position the radiators and cooling duct
metalwork.  I've found the cooling duct pieces supplied not to be an acceptable
fit so I'm trying to establish the optimum position of the radiators, with
the intention of fabricating my own aluminium duct.  The governing factor seems
to be the front coolant radiator left hose (C04), feeding down adjacent to,
and rear of the rotax engine frame.  With it in the ideal location there is 1
1/4 inches between the middle of the exhaust and the front of the hose.  Can
anyone
please provide me with a bit of confidence that this measurement is typical.
I'm just a little concerned that the rubber hose is a bit close to the hot
bit!  This is a 912S  XS, with the 'pear' shaped exhaust.

Thanks

Brian Hutchinson
Getting keen again... after one of my numerous quiet periods, still with 90% to
go!!!