Re: Europa-List: protecting the glass

Subject: Re: Europa-List: protecting the glass
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:50:01

> Once bonded, I used the blue masking tape used by
> painters, to protect any exposed areas.  It is low  tack
> and works fine.  If you have already removed the
> protective coating, transfer tape, as used by graphics
> shops, works well, too...
>
> Jeff - N55XS

I would be careful with any adhesive tape.  Some over a long
period of time may become married to the plastic.  I think
Clint Eastwood, in Dirty Harry, has a line which fits
perfectly here!  In fact, I have an very old piece of plexi,
but the tape the plastic manufacturer put on won't now come
off.

Reg,
Fred F.