Re: *** SPAM *** Re: Europa-List: New problem.... The Sticky Stick

Subject: Re: *** SPAM *** Re: Europa-List: New problem.... The Sticky Stick
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:43:44

The problem with tightness of the Tufnol block at the base of the control
stick is that it is also seasonal. After time in damp weather (UK winter)
the Tufnol slowly absorbs water and expands. Dries out again and frees-up in
Summer.

I've found that silicone grease seems to kill this cycle, eventually.
However, care is needed with aerosol silicone grease as the carrier solvent
can also make the Tufnol expand.

Of course, you need to be extremely careful in letting silicone grease
anywhere near a composite a/c, especially before it is constructed, painted
or repaired!

Duncan Mcf.