Europa-List: New problem.... The Sticky Stick

Subject: Europa-List: New problem.... The Sticky Stick
From: N914RB <n914rb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:59:29

Hi all,

Ok, now that I know what I've got to do to make the wings go in, I've come
up with another one. Has anyone out there experienced stiffness in the
left/right movement of their control stick?

I have a kit that had the cockpit already installed when I got it and have
noticed that the left-right movement of the stick is tight. It moves, but
it's not loose and smooth like in most planes I know. Two other Europa
builders have seen it and agree that it's too tight. I removed the linking
rod that connects the two sticks to see if one was tighter than the other,
but they're both the same.

It's going to be a bear to get that column out of there and I just wanted to
see if anyone had any insight into this before I go ripping things apart.
Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Dan Bish

Kit A144 - Tucson, AZ