RE: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wings to fuselage

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wings to fuselage
From: N914RB <n914rb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:50:07

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the help with this problem. I got some
excellent suggestions and it just proves how useful this forum continues to
be for all of us.

I ran into Steve Hagar at Copperstate and he was heading to Tucson
afterwards so was able to stop by on Sunday and help figure it out. After
confirming that the wings would line up outside the fuselage, we tried them
on the plane again. No go, at first. But after some serious shimming up at
the bottom of each wing at the entries, we were finally able to get the pins
to go full in.

It turns out that it's just a process of careful positioning of shims and
guides to make the spars go back to EXACTLY the same place each time. I
still have a lot of work to get everything set just so, but glad to know
they'll go together without having to reset bushings, etc.

Again thanks for all the help and happy building.

Dan
Kit A144 - Tucson, AZ