Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 14 Msgs - 10/04/05

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 14 Msgs - 10/04/05
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 19:36:32

>From: "GLENN CROWDER" <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Europa-List: FREE Pocket FMS moving map for Pocket PC, XP
>

>Heres a free Anywhere Map type moving map software that can run on
>Windows CE/Mobile or higher, also Windows 2000, NT, or XP.
>They ask for a donation but is not required.  I just downloaded it this
>morning so haven't tried it yet but I hear it works very well.  You still
>have to provide the PDA and GPS of course!
>
>http://www.pocketfms.com/
>PocketFMS, your portable co-pilot!
>
>                                 Glenn

All
I have PocketFMS on my PDA and it does work very well. You need to make
a donation so that they will let you downlod "high definition" maps.
Euro50 is enough. Then you can download maps for anywhere in the world,
(well almost anywhere)
You need a PDA with a bright screen, I use a wired GPS, found Blue Tooth
a bit iffy. You will also find that TomTom messes up things for other
software. It can be fixed but I can't always do it, not being PDA literate.
Graham