Europa-List: RE: FREE Pocket FMS moving map for Pocket PC, XP

Subject: Europa-List: RE: FREE Pocket FMS moving map for Pocket PC, XP
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 03:53:49
        0.64 REPLY_TO_EMPTY         Reply-To: is empty

It's been in use by me from before i learned to fly. Mind you, that's less then
2 years ago. It's still beta software, and there are still minor bugs. But then
also software with a price tag have bugs eh Jeremy? The advantage here that
on their website  is an open discussion about the software bugs and also about
wishes still wanted. It has some features that i have not seen on any other
product. I like to be able to do the route planning on the home PC, get the
weather
and all, and then upload that route on the pocket PC. Don't buy something
old, it's worth to have a "fast" one. As a donor (50) i can download all maps
as a package. The alternative is to download all zoom levels separately, which
is a pain in the lower part of the back. The user manual is pretty poor, it
takes some try and error before you start appreciating what it all contains.
My first gps was a thing on a wire, broke the plug pretty soon. Second one was
a blue-tooth device, no wires, no hassle.Works also very nice in the car, with
car nav soft that is. It would not work through the heat reflecting windshield
of my own car. Forgot it in a rental car, which gave me the change to buy a
new one, this one does 16 Sat's and works even in the house, through the roof!
and behind the same windshield. Battery lasts some 16 hrs.
Recommended software, and these guys deserve all the support we can give them,

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/