Europa-List: N7854M

Subject: Europa-List: N7854M
From: Robert T. Stone <rstone@medtechdev.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:05:58

Hello to the list!  I have been monitoring the postings for some time
while finishing N7854M  (A032) and completing the 40 hours of restricted
flight.  That done, the plane is painted and now is based out of Palo
Alto, CA.  The plane is a classic mono-wheel with a Jabiru 3300 engine,
AP332 propeller, and is a real hoot to fly.  A story you might enjoy:

I spent last night at my cabin and flew back this morning in the Europa.
It was only the 3rd time to have landed at Palo Alto, and the ATC must
not have known too much about the plane.  As I crossed the numbers, the
tower radioed me "Experimental 7854M - do a go-around.  You only have
one gear down!"  I calmly replied - "there is only one main gear - the
wings have outriggers."  Silence then "Oh, never-mind.  Cleared to
land."

Robert T. Stone, Ph.D.
CTO, MedTech Development, LLC
5150 El Camino Real