RE: Europa-List: Insurance

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Insurance
From: Bob Fairall <bfairall@fairalls.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 16:21:10

I'm with Jennings ( 0208 680 0688 / cover@jenningsinsure.co.uk )and have
been for some years and have found them very good. I suspect there may be
cheaper around, but if you want peace of mind ......

Also important I found, is that their policy includes vehicle and trailer
cover while on the airfield (in my case, Redhill.) This may not apply if you
fly from a farm strip, but if you drive onto an airfield your car insurance
becomes, so I understand from knowledgeable types, invalid.

So if you reverse your pride and joy on it's trailer into the recently
refurbished flying club Cessna 172, you're not only going to be about as
popular as a dose of the clap, you're also going to be personally liable for
the damage! I didn't fancy the idea of that and asked Jennings to extend my
cover accordingly, which they did at no extra charge!

Even if you don't trailer your aircraft onto the airfield, if you fill from
cans sooner or later I'm sure you will end up driving onto the airfield and
you need insurance cover!

Bob Fairall

Europa 71, flying and insured with Jennings, Europa 494 being built and
insured with Jennings and, as if to prove I've totally lost it, the ex John
Ashby Slepcev Storch, flying and insured with Jennings!