Re: Europa-List: Trigear finger Brakes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trigear finger Brakes
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:59:02

 Ian
The seals for the parking brake and callipers are readily available, I have
six complete sets sitting on the shelf,  They are just O rings If you
specified EPDM rubber for DOT 3/4/5.1 Or Buna n nitrile for Silicone DOT5,
And Matco  doesn't mind Automatic transmission fluid being used as well.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  we have been on holiday break from
12/23/03-1/5/04.

DOT 5 will work fine but DOT5.1 contains glycol and is not compatible
with the seals.  Petroleum based automatic transmission fluid (ATF) will
also work fine.

George R. Happ
MATCO mfg

As a matter of interest DOT 4/5.1 is preferred to DOT3, The cost different
is pennies (cents)   Andy has the company name that will supply both types
of seals EPDM or BUNA,
If any body is interested i have about 40 Pairs of BUNA O rings for the
Trike brake callipers Surplus to requirements  (Don't ask it a long story!!)
No charge to any takers
regards

Ivor Phillips